1 x Box of Latex Gloves
1 x Clippers
2 x Sterile Gloves
1 x Chlorhex Scrub Pot
1 x Metho Scrub Pot
2 x Sterile Swabs
2 x Elastoplast
1 x Kenacort Vials per joint
1 x Equinate injection per joint (if client ops for it) – not used in hocks!
4 x 18g Needles
4 x 21g Needles
4 x 20g Needles
4 x 5ml Syringe
4 x 3ml Syringe
- Make sure the area the patient is in is free from anything they can run into.
- Collect all equipment needed and put into silver tray.
- Place the tray out into the treatment area.
- Have a vet show where the area is to be clipped and scrubbed (if it is being clipped, some clients do not want clip marks).
- Prep the area by scrubbing with Chlorhex and wiping off with metho afterwards, doing this until the area is free from dirt.
- Leave the last chlorhex scrub on and let the treating vet know you are ready for them.
- Wipe all of the chlorhex off once asked by the vet making sure no chlorhex is left on the site.
- Throw all dirty swabs in the bin
- Put sharps in sharps container
- Clean clippers and return to charger
- Place scrub pots in surgery prep to be cleaned and refilled.
- Return any unused needles and syringes.
- Clean up and clipped hair poo or urine left behind.