To our valued clients, with the recent rise in cases occurring in NSW, we wish to extend our hope that all stay safe at this time. Due to the spike of cases, we need to put safe practices back into place to protect our staff and you. As before, we will endeavour to limit contact between staff and clients if at all possible while still trying to attend to sick horses and serious equine emergencies.
When you book in for an appointment, you will be screened for any Covid-19 symptoms and history of travel. Follow-up screening will also take place the afternoon before your appointment.
On Farm Visits
- We will continue see horses on farm but ask that owners assist us in keeping up the social distancing.
- Please inform staff prior to our visit if you have travelled recently to Sydney or Melbourne, are self-isolating or currently feeling unwell so we can make arrangements to see your horse in a manner that is safe for our staff.
Appointments at the clinic
For appointments at our clinic we ask that clients follow the below protocol:
- Only one person, or the minimum number of people attend an appointment with the horse when they come to the clinic.
- When you arrive at the clinic, please park outside the gates and check into reception by ringing on the phone.
- Upon arrival you be asked for a temperature check and to sign in using your name and phone number.
- After you check in, a nurse will meet you at your float once you have unloaded your horse, and bring them in using an NEC lead rope.
- At this point, you may either wait outside the premises if you have a high temperature or display any other symptoms, or follow your horse into the clinic. However, you must wait outside of the building in a designated area while staff are examining your horse.
- Following the initial examination, the attending vet will either ring you (if waiting outside the premises) or discuss the case from a distance of 3 M as needed.
We will only be accepting direct deposits, Eftpos or credit cards for the duration of the outbreak when possible to minimise contact.
If you are asked to wait outside the premises during appointments at the clinic, EFTPOS payments over the phone will be required or direct debit if allowed by the accounts department.
For supplies, please ring the clinic with what you need and approximate time of pickup. We will be happy to fill your order and run it out to your vehicle outside the clinic, just give us a ring when you arrive. We can also arrange to post supplies to you.
Thank you for all of your understanding and we will strive to give your horse the best possible care while keeping our distance from you.
Stay safe . . . From the team at NEC!