ANESTHETIST CHECK LIST BEFORE PROCEDURE
- Set up anaesthetic machine and leak test (leak test MUST be done when machine set up or we will assume it is done)
- Draw up top up Ketamine
- Make sure ET tube, gag, and cuff syringe in ready
- Anaesthesia record is started within HVMS.
- Charges for the surgery completed during the surgery (discussion with surgeon as to quotes etc easiest when in surgery).
****(Please have a nurse or bystander fill in parameters if maintenance is tricky). Remember there is a digital record of the time the worksheet is started, filled out, and completed. ***
ANESTHETIST’S DUTIES AT THE END OF THE DAY or AFTER THE LAST SURGERY
(last vet to do last procedure)
- ALL S8’S CHECKED OUT FOR THE APPROPRIATE ANIMAL AND WRITTEN DOWN IN THE BOOK AS WELL AS CHARGED OUT IN HVMS
- Break down anaesthetic machine
- Make sure Halothane is full
- Make sure oxygen is OFF
- Wrap anaesthetic machine cords neatly
- Place new extension set on arterial catheter line
- Make sure there is intravenous fluids with a new needle
- Put all S8’s back in safe! EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
- Restock anaesthesia trolley drawers
- Make sure S8 are written in S8 book
- Make sure anaesthetic time is written on soda lime canister- if more than 8 hours then mix or change please.
- Wash ET tube-hang properly to dry.